Monday, March 23, 2009

Today was a strange day. Usually I have extra grace for people.
But today, I was having to temper my thoughts as I was in a foul mood when I got out of bed this morning around 5:00 am for the 5th time. I stumbled through my shower prayers like I do every morning and read a few Bible verses to curb my emotions, but today was different. This past weekend I experienced for the first time in years cluster headaches. Can you say, "contractions for the brain?" Along with my clusters I experienced narcoleptic attacks which I haven't had a attack in years and I've had 3 in the past 4 weekends! Usually they are stress induced whether good or bad and today I had a headache "hangover. "

Stupidly, I took some imitrex for migraines when I had clusters instead. The imitrix caused my whole body to ache! Stupid, stupid girl! But today, my headaches were gone but my nerves were so shot, I almost fired someone. I still may, but at least I won't be "hungover" when it happens.

Today was not the day to mess with me and my staff knew it. I had been at work since 7:00am and I was in no mood to play, kid, or joke around. I was so amazed at how meanness could arise in me that I called a friend of mine whose wife works for a neurologist. Thankfully I have an appointment first thing tomorrow morning. Maybe since I'm turning 40, I need to be medicated. I'm sure my children and staff wiould agree. :-) And my husband might agree except he's afraid of me.

What's interesting is that my appointment is tomorrow morning and two of my kiddos have neurologist appointments that afternoon with a different doctor. I hope and pray all goes well and I hope that I can stick with this doctor. I've had 3 neurologists in the past. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Co, you are in my prayers! You well know though we try to be like Christ, we can never be that perfect...and He forgives us and loves us just the same! Those who know you and love you do likewise :). We all fall down.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete